Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Black Girl Networking

On March 24, 2009, my friends and I along with hundreds of other women of all ages, backgrounds and ethnicities had the pleasure to hear Angela Davis speak at the Ebenezer Baptist Church. As we walked to our designated vehicles we discussed how, why, what, when and who as it pertained to state of our youth, acts of destructive behavior and rehabilitation redefined. As I playback this moment, I revisit my passion for the advocacy of our children where my primary focus has always been our daughters. I having the honor to be reared in a strong diverse village of women and be sustained by one as an adult, I can speak on how imperative it is to have one in place. For it is hard to fathom who I would have become if their unconditional and consistent reinvestment of love energy was not available to me.

In the efforts of being in perfect alignment with my highest good and purpose, I am making a recommitment of advocacy to the women and daughters of my village, community and the world at large. Please join me in building a network of women and daughters that actively encourage, support, promote and assist in the actualizing of our individual potentials and manifesting our collective dreams. Become a member of the Black Girl Network.